Stock Commentary Date: 18/6/2019
Stock: Modern Dental Group Limited
Closing price: $1.46 (18/02/2019)
52 weeks range: $1.186 - $2.017
Shares outstanding: 986,746,000
Market Capitalization: HK$ 1.233 Billion
Target Price (12 months): No Target
- The group is in the transition phase period, consolidating their business through various acquisitions.
- The incurred loss was from restructuring, re-financing and currency exchange. The group’s core business remained relatively stable.
- The group’s prospect came from local market penetration through their strategic geographical acquisitions.
- Greater China may be the company’s next sales engine as GDP per capita increased, so was the demand for high quality medical/dental care products.
Closer Look of 2018 and beyond:
A. The group’s total sales in dollar value as well as volume record a slight increase; notably, dollar unit of each item also record an increase over the past year.
B. The group’s main sale driver came from “Fixed prosthetic devices”. As pointed out from the group’s annual report, the group will continue to focus on high value products in order increase their profit margin.
C. European market continued to be the main sales driver of the group’s revenue, while greater China market continued to grow. Recent acquisition in USA would take time to consolidate.
4. Further analysis will be give after the next quarter result in order to get a closer look of the group’s performance.
” I, Ni Kwok Kuen Alex, am a licensed person under the Securities and Futures Commission. Until the date this commentary was published, neither I and/or my affiliates are the beneficiary of the securities mentioned herein or are entitled to any financial interests in relation thereto. “