Important notes for eDDA
Please be aware of the following points when registering for eDDA:
1. Minsheng Bank does not support eDDA;
2. Nanyang Commercial Bank only support account registered with HKID or passport;
3. ICBC: please register with the bank account number not ending with 0;
4. BEA: eDDA does not support comprehensive or multicurrency accounts;
5. Citibank and OCBC Wing Hang: Due to their internal settings, errors may occur during setup or transfer.
Several other banks may also encounter issues when registering for eDDA.
Please rest assured that we are working our hardest to allow our clients to register for eDDA with their banks of choice. We will send out a notification when there are updates and humbly ask for your continued patience.
What are the benefits of eDDA?
eDDA is an FPS-like payment method but with more convenience! With eDDA, clients can initiate a transfer from a bank account to Phillip Local Stock’ account within 30 seconds via POEMS web. Benefits include:
- Not needing to provide proof of deposit
- Free of charge
- 24/7 availability, anytime, anywhere
- Trade with the deposited money instantly
- An HKD200 e-coupon (within the promotion period)
Who is eligible for registering eDDA:
- The client must have an individual POEMS account
- The client has already registered an individual bank account under one’s Phillip account
- The registered bank account supports eDDA service
Take a minute, register now and enjoy the real-time deposit here after!
Register eDDA NOW to receive HKD200 e-Coupon
Terms and Conditions
- First promotion period is valid from 22nd March 2021 until 22nd April 2021, both dates inclusive ("first promotion period"), Second promotion period is valid from 23rd April 2021 until 30th April 2021, both dates inclusive ("second promotion period").
- If clients successfully establish an electronic direct debit authorization (eDDA), and successfully make one eDDA transfer no less than HKD 1,000 within the promotion period to their respective Phillip account, the client will be entitled to a total of HKD 200 E-Coupon.
- The e-coupon will be distributed to clients’ account within three working days after each promotion period.
- Clients entitled to the e-coupon from the first promotion period will not be eligible for the e-coupon in second promotion period.
- All E-Coupons will be valid until 31st December 2021, day inclusive.
- E-Coupon can only be used for commission and handling fee rebate. All rewards are non-exchangeable and non-transferable.
- Phillip reserves the right to cancel, delete, replace, supplement or amend any relevant terms and conditions of this promotion without notice. Phillip reserves the right to make the final decision in case of disputes.
Please note that the temporary fund displayed when depositing Chinese Yuan (CNY) is its current Hong Kong Dollar (HKD) exchange rate value, for reference only. The actual deposit shown in that day's statement will be in CNY.
When making payments, please confirm that the correct mobile phone number for:
Local Stock (HKD): 96908828
Local Stock (CNY): 96908838
is entered, and that the payee name displayed is Phillip Securities (Hong Kong) Ltd.
Local Futures/Foreign Futures/Forex (HKD): 96908868
is entered, and that the payee name displayed is Phillip Commodities (Hong Kong) Ltd.
What are the benefits of using FPS?
We are offering a new service that not only allows clients to make deposits in near-real-time, but also:
1. Not need to provide additional supporting documents to confirm the deposit;
2. Be able to see the deposit in POEMS/SATS in as few as two minutes, depending on the payment bank; and
3. Benefit from 24-hour availability, including weekends and public holidays.
With this system, clients can enjoy the increased efficiency of FPS, without having to worry about calling or sending deposit proof to us.
*The maximum amount of temporary funds we allow is HKD equivalent 1,000,000 per transaction. These temporary funds are automatically added.
Please note that in order for clients to not need to provide a deposit confirmation to us, that your:
a. depositing bank account must be the same bank account as one of your registered accounts with Phillip;
b. account number at Phillip (eg.P123456, Local futures: 12345; Foreign futures: F123456; Forex: 123456) must be typed in the reference section, with no spaces or other characters; and
c. Depositing bank account name is exactly the same as your registered name at Phillip.
Please note that this service is currently only available for Hong Kong local stock, and only supports Hong Kong Dollars (HKD) and Chinese Yuan (CNY) at present.
Note for clients using CMB/Wing Lung:
There may not be a reference field for you to input your Phillip account number. However, if your bank account number and name is exactly the same as registered with Phillip, we will ensure that your deposit will be credited to you as soon as possible.
Clients should notify our Company immediately via designated electronic channels or phone calls to our Sales and Customers Services Hotline at (852) 2277 6666 / 2277 6555 after deposit completed. Please do not dial other telephone numbers of our Company for deposit notification
Submit Cheque In-person
To protect clients’ interests, clients can come in-person to our Company’s Head Office for handling the deposit.
Cheque deposited to Securities / Stock Options Accounts should be made payable to "輝立証券 (香港) 有限公司" or "Phillip Securities (HK) Limited".
Cheque deposited to Futures / Forex Accounts should be made payable to "輝立商品 (香港) 有限公司" or "Phillip Commodities (HK) Limited".
Cheque deposited to Bullion Accounts should be made payable to "Phillip Bullion Limited".
Trading is allowed for clients only after relevant bank has successfully completed the cheque clearing process.
Payment made after 17:00 on trading day will be updated to your securities trading A/C in next trading day.
Please note that our Company does not accept deposit from third party(parties)
Please make the cheque payable to「Phillip Bullion Limited」。
PHILLIP BULLION LIMITED
|渣打銀行 STANDARD CHARTERED BANK||447-1-689867-8||港元(HKD)|
|渣打銀行 STANDARD CHARTERED BANK||447-1-689871-6||美元(USD)|
|匯豐銀行 HONG KONG BANK||808-695092-292||港元(HKD)|
|匯豐銀行 HONG KONG BANK||808-695092-274||美元(USD)|
|中國銀行 BANK OF CHINA||012-806-1-0273259||港元(HKD)|
Confirmation of Deposit is not required for the following methods
For your convenience you are not required to inform or provide us with any deposit notification. The amount will be automatically reflected on your account of that day^.
- Easy-pay account service
- Deposit via PPS
- Reference of your designated account number of Phillip Securities (HK) Ltd is displayed on the bank advice from Bank of China/ Standard Chartered Bank. (Applicable to all accounts).
^All deposits made before 5pm will be processed and shown in the daily statement of that day. Deposits made after 5pm will be processed in the next working day.
Mainland clients can open ICBC (Asia) account through witness service by ICBC (China) and without visit Hong Kong. It can convenient Phillips' client to transfer fund from Phillip account to clients bank account.
A. Application procedure
Mainland clients need to process the following procedures in Mainland:
- Open ICBC (China) bank account (the applicants need to make an appointment)
- Open ICBC (Asia) through ICBC(China)
- Apply ICBC (Asia) online banking
For more detail, please click here.
B. Documents requirements
- China's Permanent ID Card
- Permit or Passport (Effective endorsement more than three months)
- Address proof (i.e. banking statement, Electricity bill, Phone bill, lease agreement and so on. All the documents should not exceed last 3 months).
Also, client can login ICBC (Asia) website to submit online application form in advance before go to ICBC (China) for the formal witness service procedures.
C. Withdrawal Procedure
After the completion of ICBC (Asia) bank account, client can withdraw on the following ways:
First, clients are required to inform their Account Executive or Customer Service Officer accordingly. Instructions given before 09:20 will be processed on the same day, otherwise they will be processed on the following transaction day. The fund will be credited to the client’s ICBC (Asia) account.
After that, client can use ICBC (Asia) "Online banking" to transfer the fund to their ICBC (China) bank account.
Cash Withdrawal and Funds Transfer:
1. Please note that we only transfer funds from your Securities/ Commodities/ Bullion account to client's pre-registered bank account (to nearby area only), and clients are required to inform their Account Executive or Customer Service Officer accordingly. Instructions given before 09:20* will be processed on the same day, otherwise they will be processed on the following transaction day. Also, the administration fees will be applied if clients withdraw fund except to the local bank in Hong Kong Dollar, China Yuan (CNY) and U.S. Dollar; or the transfer will be taken by Telegraphic Transfer.
2. Funds will always be transferred to client's pre-registered bank account by cheque on the following conditions:
- If the withdrawal amount is more than HKD 500,000.
- If clients withdraw money from other than local stock account.
- If client's pre-registered bank account is NOT HSBC/Hang Seng Bank/ Bank of China/ Standard Chartered Bank, and processing may take 3 business days.
- If it is the first, second and third time money withdrawal to aforementioned banks.
3. Instructions given before cut-off time of transferring money within client's account (before 16:30 of each transaction day) will be processed on the same day, otherwise the transfer will be processed in the next transaction day.
4. The fund withdrawal of the client who has registered the Phillip HKD money market fund may not be handled accordingly due to the uncertain market value of Phillip HKD money market fund.
5. Virtual Bank Withdraw/Transfer Notice
- We accept client transfer fund to us by Virtual Bank account. But, Online Onboarding Client should register virtual bank as their Phillip account's designated bank account before transfer fund to Phillip；
- Client must successfully transfer fund by mobile number 96960082 via FPS and provide bank proof to Customer Service for registering Virtual Bank as Designated Bank Account；
- We only accept client withdraw Hong Kong Dollars/ China Yuan (CNY) to designated virtual bank account. The Maximum transfer limit is HKD 1 million. If the withdrawal limit is more than HKD 0.5 million or withdraw fund except to Hong Kong Dollar and China Yuan (CNY). The transfer will be taken by Chats or Telegraphic Transfer and it will charge handling fees HKD 150 for Chats and HKD 400 for Telegraphic Transfer.
6. Starting from 16 November, 2020, the Company will process the withdrawal instructions according to the latest activities of the account and calculate the allowable amount of withdrawal immediately before 9:30 A.M..
- The amount of trading activities on the day before the withdrawal (including the PhillipMart trading and the IPO subscription amount deducted on public subscription closing day); and/or
- The amount of done trades and uncompleted buy orders during the Pre-opening Session; and/or
- The amount to be settled on the next working day.
Client need to submit “Request for Fund Transfer” form to Bullion Department for transferring fund from Securities/ Commodities Account to Bullion Account by fax (852)2277-6866 or email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please contact Bullion Department at (852)2277 6711 to confirm the payment.
Client need to submit “Client Money Standing Authority” Form for transferring fund form Bullion Account to Securities/ Commodities Account during open Bullion Account. Please contact Bullion Department at (852)2277-6711 to request fund transfer.
Online Onboarding Client Notice
Online onboarded clients must make fund deposit via online banking to or withdrawal from Client’s Phillip account through their designated bank account. The following deposit channels are not applicable for the online onboarded clients: Standard Chartered Bank “Easy Pay” Account, the Bill Payment function of Bank of China Internet Banking and “PPS”.
Online onboarded clients must show that the debited bank account of the transfer is identical to the designated bank account on all deposit proofs. Otherwise, the transfer may be reversed. Phillip does not accept deposit confirmation via other methods (e.g. telephone) for online onboarded clients.
Online onboarded clients will be required to visit our head office or branch in person with the original copy of the deposit slips and the identity document provided at the time of the account opening for identity authentication before crediting the deposit to the client’s Phillip account.
Registering an additional Designated Bank Account
Online onboarded clients must transfer not less than HKD 10,000 to the designated bank account of Phillip Securities (Hong Kong) Limited for the first deposit and email the deposit proofs to Customer Service (email@example.com).
In order for withdrawal instruction to be done on the same day, clients need to five the instruction to their Account Executive before 9:20am; otherwise the withdrawal will be processed on the following business day. Please be reminded that the fund could only transfer from client’s Phillip account to the client’s designated bank account. In addition, if clients withdraw fund to overseas bank OR withdraw funds in a currency other than Hong Kong Dollar, China Yuan (CNY) and U.S. Dollar to a local bank, the transfer conducted by Telegraphic Transfer. The associated administrative fees will be passed on to the client.
*Please note that our Company does not accept deposit from third party(parties)
*Regardless of the currency client deposits, no interest will be paid.
*While we endeavor to ensure accuracy and completeness, there may be external circumstances that may affect the time necessary for us to receive your deposits. If you come across any issues, please contact our Customer Service hotline at 2277 6555. Please note that our hotline’s operating hours are 9:00 to 18:00 from Monday-Friday, and from 9:00 to 13:00 on Saturday.