Frequently Asked questions
1. How to apply Grade-based margin interest plan instead of standard rate margin financing?
Existing client could contact their account executive or Customer Service Department for application form, but please note that the plan is for e-statement user only.
2. How does a client know that the application of Grade-based margin interest plan is approved?
Client will receive confirmation e-mail if their application of Grade-based margin interest plan is approved. Please contact Customer Service Department if there is no confirmation.
3. How to check Grade 1 stock list?
Please check Grade 1 Stock list
in POEMS website and it would be updated from time to time.
4. How to presume accrual interest before choosing any margin financing plan?
Please check accrual interest with your portfolio details by utilizing the calculator
5. If the stock held by the client is suspended, how would the stock value be calculated?
If the stock is suspended, the stock will have no market value. There would be a margin call for deposit.
6. If outstanding excess loan limit, is there any margin call?
No, margin call would occur only if outstanding excess margin value.
7.What kind of client is suitable for Grade-based margin interest plan ？
The plan is suitable for client holding blue-chips portfolio and one's Phillip account with no margin call.
8. Do both parties of joint account need to sign on opt-in form for joining Grade-based margin interest plan?
Yes, both parties of joint account need to sign on opt-in form for joining Grade-based margin interest plan.
9. Could authorized person represent their own client to sign opt-in form to go for Grade-based margin interest plan?
No, the opt-in form must be signed by client.
10. Would Grade-based margin interest plan affect the purchase power of client?
11. How to check the blend interest rate of one's account on the day?
Interest rate would be shown in the end of the month in monthly e-statement.