As required by management, this year I will give an introduction on some companies in the assigned sector. The first company I will introduce here is Intel Corp., which has their stock traded in US, Mexico and Chile.
Intel Corp. is founded in 1968. The Corp. engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of computer products and technologies. It delivers computer, networking, data storage, and communications platforms. The firm operates through the following segments: Client Computing Group (CCG), Data Center Group (DCG), Internet of Things Group (IOTG), Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group (NSG), Programmable Solutions (PSG), and All Other.
1. The Corp. has begun shipping 10nm-based 10th generation Intel® CoreTM processors, previously referred to as Ice Lake.
2. The Corp. also began shipping engineering samples of Intel® Agilex™ FPGAs to customers. The 10nm-based FPGAs are used to develop advanced solutions for networking, 5G, and accelerated data analytics.
3. A portfolio of data-centric solutions consisting of 2nd generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors, Intel® Optane™ DC memory and storage solutions has introduced, those technologies optimized to extract more value from the data obtained by their users.
In 2019, the Corp. revenue increase 1.7% to 72.0Bil (USD), the growth is mainly driven by the data centric sector (which include the DCG, IOTG, NSG, PSG segments), while the growth of PC centric segment remain flat. The diluted EPS increase 5% to $4.71. The PC-centric (CCG) segment still contribute more than half of the revenue(52%), but the data-centric segment has higher growth potential, the management is focusing on the development of this segment.
Risk and Challenge
1. The highly competitive environment in both PC-centric and data-centric market.
2. R&D progress is the main factor of the company competitiveness; any delay or failure means lag behind with the market competitor will greatly affect performance.
3. The uncertainty of global economic condition may cause reduce on sales.
Closing price(10/3/2020): USD$53.98
Current ratio: 1.40x
Company annual report, 2019
I, Tsui Man Fai, am a licensed person under the Securities and Futures Commission. Until the date this commentary was published, neither I and/or my affiliates are the beneficiary of the securities mentioned herein or are entitled to any financial interests in relation thereto.